“Stand by Me” Stories
Famous Caregivers Who Stand by Others
Anthony Hamilton’s Story
Welcome to “Stand by Me” Stories, our page named in celebration of the timeless song which brought so many people comfort and warmth over the years. Anthony Hamilton is a Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter and producer who understands the unique challenges of Alzheimer’s and dementia caregiving. He treasures the bond between music and memories. Hamilton chose to give his own stirring rendition of “Stand by Me ” as a part of the Alzheimer’s Association’s Music Moments Campaign. During his recording session, Hamilton shared why this song meant so much to him.
Do you know the stories of these famous caregivers of color?
Informative and Inspirational Stories from Stage and Screen
Their Challenges and Family Care Recipients:
1. Actor Samuel L. Jackson (6 family members diagnosed with Alzheimer’s)
2. Actress Yvette Nicole Brown (father)
3. Actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (mother)
4. Former NFL Player Devon Still (daughter)
5. Vice President Kamala Harris (mother)
6. Actress Queen Latifah (mother)
7. Singer/Song Writer Ce Ce Winans (father)
8. Pro Football Hall of Fame Player Darrell Green (aunt)
Parkinson’s Disease and Autism:
9. Actress Holly Robinson Peete (father with Parkinson’s and son with Autism)
10. Actor Blair Underwood (mother)”
You’re Not Alone
“…at the moment when one man says to another What! You too? I thought that no one but myself…”
C. S. Lewis
What’s your story? We’d love to share it. Contact us at email@example.com for instructions concerning how to submit your story.